New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In  Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Re:
Author: Shifty 
Date:   06-16-02 17:24

Good to see your still alive and doing well. Thanks for the update.

It sucks to hear that your job is really kickin your butt left and right. I do know the feeling, but I'm sure we are all very thankful for the fact that not only are you multi-talented, but also have a good deal of energy for a man of your advanced years.:) hah.

On the camp site issue. As long as the well is drilled deep, and the water is clear this year, I'll be fine. It wasnt really the heat that bothered me, it was the fact that it was the only time in my life that i actually took a shower and felt dirtier coming out. But a camp ground is a camp ground. It's gonna be hot, buggy, alligator infested looking for dog food, and 99% humidity. Remember drink water, and LOTS of it.

I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed that Siggy won't be our cook, but I also understand why. That man is great with a big kitchen and 25 hungry/Thirsty Cj'ers.

As far as showing up. I posted a thread a long time ago asking if people who lived close by Pennsylvania wanted to chip in, and rent a van to drive down. As of yet, It is only Rich Shumaker, myself, my brother, and possibly The Golden Chicken. If we can't get more people together by then, I will probably just use my dads jeep for the trek down there, its a 15 hour drive. 13 without stops. I do know that Rich and my brother discussed getting there a Day early and staying a day later to help with Setting up and cleaning up, I didn't talk to Chicken about that idea because at the time he said it looked like he wouldnt be able to go. Ferret, my brother is lookin forward to usin the camera and I just got a new digital one for christmas.

Also speaking of the computer aspect of it, I do beleive that Micky had the idea of setting up a computer and webcam while there if it was applicable, and making sort of a "Live CJC" feed that could be viewed by people who wouldnt be there to make it, sort of like a "Wish you were here" type deal. I don't know if this is do-able or not, but it was an alright idea. Plus is would add to being able to transferring and editing video files quicker.

Ferret, Kae made a CJC logo submissions page, Silver has sent in his. I don't know if you missed it, but it's there. I did give the rules for it, but I don't think I got them all, so I need you to quickly make a post about the rules on submitting an image once again.

Workshops.. I do recall, Chico was scheduled to do a palmspinning workshop last year, but due to the events of September 11'th his airliner was forced to close down. I do not want to take the spotlight away from him simply because it was not his fault. So I will still give him the Chance to do one. I would however not mind teaching one myself. Ask Glenn or John about just how many people kept on coming up to me at the Maryland juggling Convention. So with that in mind, if you want to schedule a split workshop between the two of us, thats fine. I could teach an Intro to palmspinning (Basic movements, practice techniques, and up to 4 balls), and then Chico's workshop could take on more advanced moves and patterns. (4+ balls, Isolations, Lines, Boxes, The Snake, Different passes and lifts) This may work out, I don't know. Unless you have a better idea on a workshop, thats mine. But I am always up for suggestions so let me know.

Ok, well that should about do it. One more thing I wanted to ask is if Kae could dig out the safety post you made about CJC last year, It is probably still around here somewhere. It had information on it concerning the dangers such as fire ants, and alligators, as well as heat stroke and sunburn. All common sence type stuff, but good to read none the less..

Alrighty Lets get our checks mailed to the man.

See ya at CJC2002
Shifty

Why, yes, these are balls in my pocket. And I'm also happy to see you.

Reply To This Message  |  Forum List  |  Flat View  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 CJC2002, and The Ferret  new
Ferret 06-16-02 15:09 
 Re:  new
Shifty 06-16-02 17:24 
mdamelio 06-16-02 18:30 
thegoldenchicken 06-17-02 01:28 
 Re: CJC marco comming?  new
marco 06-17-02 05:00