New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In  Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Re: will silicone ball stain
Author: Veikko Sariola 
Date:   06-03-02 10:04

I'm no expert in this (i have only three silicone balls) but now that I've had them for a year or so, there are few things to remember if you want keep them in fine condition (which isn't the case with my balls :).

First, it's true that they don't scratch nearly as easily as acrylics, but they can still get these little marks from little rocks and sharp corners. They aren't visible at all, until the day you drop the silicone on small sand or dust. The sand/dust gets into those holes and makes them VERY visible, and it's hard to get it out, so nowadays I practice only in parks or wherever there is grass. Or where there is a flat floor for bouncing and no sharp corners even near (they can bounce AWFULLY far away)

Second, you can wash your silicones easily, most of the stuff will just come off and they'll be clean again (except that sand in those holes, which will take some time). But (at least my silicones) have started to turn a little yellow by time; however, it's not noticable unless you compare them to brand new ones.

- Veikko / Pestis

Reply To This Message  |  Forum List  |  Flat View  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 will silicone ball stain  new
Twilight 06-02-02 15:53 
 Re: will silicone ball stain  new
GReg 06-03-02 04:38 
 Re: will silicone ball stain  new
Veikko Sariola 06-03-02 10:04 
 New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In 
 Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject: