New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 oh no! Not another video from Silver................
Author: silver 
Date:   05-31-02 18:50

Don't all rush at once(this time) its a 4 minute show from Bungay Balls up last friday of ME! doing 1 ball stuff in my own little style.

If you can host it in your own space for a week or two could you download it and post new links, as last time i put a vid on here the server nearly had a coronary, so if its downloading ludicrously slowly STOP and let other people finish first, please!

oh yeah the link

<a href="http://www.thejugglingclub.co.uk/~nditt101/silvershow.wmv">http://www.thejugglingclub.co.uk/~nditt101/silvershow.wmv</a>

and for those who haven't found it yet there is STUFF at <a href="http://www.thesilverman.co.uk/contactsite/">www.thesilverman.co.uk</a>

enjoy

Silver

Reply To This Message

alternative download... www.ookyspooky.com/contact
Date:   05-31-02 21:56

<a href="http://www.ookyspooky.com/contact">www.ookyspooky.com/contact</a>

thank you lance, Silver

Reply To This Message

Re: alternative download... www.ookyspooky.com/contact
Author: Brad 
Date:   06-01-02 03:28

Awesome...I really enjoyed it. If I have any complaints it's that it's too hard to see at times. Particularly when you step over to the left you're either out of the light or off the screen. But as far as your performance it seemed really smooth to me, and it's apparent you've got a very personalized style which is really cool. This is just on a first glance...I'm sure I'll watch and study plenty more, so I can steal some of your moves. :)

Reply To This Message

My review for what it's worth
Author: mdamelio 
Date:   06-01-02 03:51

Ok so...Since no one has reviewed this video yet I will. I really don't know what to say, I mean...wow. This Sucks, well maybe sucks isn't the right word but I expected better. I like Silver and all he's a great guy, but he must have been having a bad day cause his cj is terrible. He did have some saving moments however, his butterfly is alright, his arm rolls, though ok, could use some work, but the scenery around him is amazing, so he gets an A for that. What's with the girl in the background she was a bit annoying too, and did I see a streaker? but that's common in silver's vids, remember the rollerblading punk who jumped in front of the guy doing the great butterflys at the ejc. Course that wasn't his fault. I guess the girl isn't either but I figured I'd throw that in there anyhow. Silver buddy take some lessons, now that guy at ejc was good.
I seriously suggest a refilm I think he can do better, Silver if you read this take a trip to cjc so someone like Maxime or maybe shifty can give ya some pointers. I'm not saying I'm the best or anything, i'm not even that great, but I've seen good cj and I think you can do better, one cjer to another, nothing personal. Now I know I'll probably be seriously yelled at for this post, but I feel that we should all be honest with eachother because the goal of this site is to help everyone grow right? I've not really posted anything before that was very personal but I looked at this vid and I had to do it. Silver I really don't want you to get angry with me I'm really trying to help here. I'm going to stop rambling now, what do the rest of you all think, do you see what I'm talking about? I'm going to eat dinner, again way to go silver great scenery, I'm going to visit there one day for sure.

~Mickey

Reply To This Message

Re:
Date:   06-01-02 03:56

Wow that review by Mickey is awesome, I haven't looked at the video myself since i"m on a friggin dialup, but definate constructive criticism, I think that kind of thing is healty, Oh hehe, I guess I should introduce myself, I'm too, like also. I'm always with my friend and his girlfriend and so one day someone referred to me as "too" So that's how I got such a weird name. Anyhow hopefully I'll get a chance to look at that video some other time, and post my own review. I've been cjing for about a year so I just started, hopefully i'll make it to cjc, but not too sure yet. Talk to you dudes later.

Reply To This Message

Re:
Date:   06-01-02 04:05

Well that messed the whole joke up didn't it. Stupid computer I thought it was logged out, I was logged in as "too" and everything. Silver is gonna be pissed we had this whole thing worked out and here I go screwin it all up. Oh well could have been funny but the computer didn't log out like I thought. Before you guys think i'm a reckless ass,who would hurt a friends feelings all to be a little funny, Silver and I worked this thing up that we thought would be funny where I didn't even look at the vid and post some bogus review of it. Then I had this idea to make this punk back me up and that's where the problem entered. But anyway silver wouldn't have been pissed cause he knew about it all along. The controversy would have been amusing, I guess I'll hang my head in shame at what a lame practical joke this turned out to be. Sorry Silver. I guess we could all pretend these last two posts didn't happen and just kinda go with it, ah hell. Never mind, I'm going to sleep

~Mickey

Reply To This Message

Shoulda just left it all alone
Date:   06-01-02 04:17

You know I've now watched this vid, and I should have just left everything alone with the original post, cause I didn't need back up from "too" at all, it was obviously a joke the vid is great and there is definately no streakers that I can detect. Course those carpets rustled a few times so who knows maybe. I'm going to quit posting for awhile I'm starting to feel like Rumpole Stiltskin. If an admin signs on here how about deleting those posts that I've made. :-)

Reply To This Message

Re: Shoulda just left it all alone
Date:   06-01-02 05:05

Oh man, I just had a good laugh. I just watched Silver's 35 second vid where he is in full silver costume, and that old lady to the left at the end of the clip is classic! I can't explain exactly why, but that was hilarious.

Reply To This Message

Re: My review for what it's worth.......f*$k all, thats what its worth!
Author: Agent R 
Date:   06-01-02 08:03

Well mdamelio don't you just feel the complete arse. having just read your really lame posts i thought i'd wade in with some personal comments of my own:-
1 the video is unutterably awesome, i've never met silver, but if i do i'll fall on my knees and worship the god of contact!
2 you should get out more cos the scenery is like sooooo concrete, if thats what you like you must have the brains of a TERMITE
3 and for ruining a completely good practical joke by signing with your own name.......
for christs sake i thought that contact jugglers had a greater intellectual capacity, not only should you hang your head in shame ,you should log out and never return!
On second thoughts hang around, every society needs someone to be the lowest of the low, AND MDAMELIO THATS YOU!!

Reply To This Message

Re: My review for what it's worth.......f*$k all, thats what its worth!
Author: Shifty 
Date:   06-01-02 08:06

Easy Agent. It was a joke, if you didn't get it then don't flame another member so quickly. Micky did say that silvers act was great, however if you read that far, you would have seen that. However I venture to say that you are most likely reading it now.

And btw, Micky is my bitch, no one else gets to bash him but me, so chill out.

S

Why, yes, these are balls in my pocket. And I'm also happy to see you.

Reply To This Message

actually, I'm not satisfied with that responce....
Author: Shifty 
Date:   06-01-02 08:26

Agent, who are you?? Where did you come from?? What gives you the idea to just show up and tell someone he has the brains of a termite? Micky is a great guy, a good friend of mine, and a hell of a contact juggler. Have you even bothered to take a look around this site? I'm sure you'll find alot of Micky that speaks more truthfully than myself. I don't know how you interact with people from where you are, but on this site, with as small of a community as this is, we create friendships, and we nag on each other. So Micky tried to make a joke, and he screwed up, Big deal, that says he's human. Are you any better? Are you impervious to the occasional fuckup? I don't think so.

Personally, I could see what Micky was trying to do, and you know what? I found it funny, and do you know why? Its because I have this little thing called A Sence Of Humor. And I know that with this group of people we can laugh and make mistakes, because thats what this artform is. If you think Micky's joking post was bad, meet me and have a constructive critisim session with me, I'll tear you apart, sure I'll do it in a joking fashion, and we'll be friends when its all said and done, but you'll still be hurting from my honesty.

We are here to have fun, mess with, nag at, screw with, and egg on each other. I know at first glance Mickys post probably sounded like a flame from hell, But before you go blowin your own foghorn, try and figure out if its real or not. That way, you won't have to find out if your foot fits into your mouth easily.

Now I think I'm done for awhile.

I look forward to meeting you and saying hello, Don't take this post as a thinking that I don't like you. I'm just the resident pitbull on here.

Shifty

Why, yes, these are balls in my pocket. And I'm also happy to see you.

Reply To This Message

Re: Shoulda just left it all alone
Date:   06-01-02 15:28

I find this wildy amusing, first off thanks to shifty, I don't know if I was your bitch but I'm willing to become it now, since you stood up for me like that. But I venture to say that whoeve Agent R is he's doing what i asked going on with the posts despite my terrible screw up. I find it hard to believe that someon who just signed in today would put such a post on here. I'm thinking it's one of us. Not me of course since we all know I can't post under a fake name worth crap. Thanks again Shifty that was funny. IF it's not one of us then RIGHT BACK AT YOU BUT DOUBLE WHAT SHIFTY SAID!!!!! :-)

~Mickey/too

Reply To This Message

On second thought.......
Date:   06-01-02 15:35

Screw you Agent R I was just trying to be funny, it's people like you who make humor not funny, or something. Thinking on it now, I don't think this is a person that is one of us but just some random ASSHOLE who happened to join this community in time to jump to some conclusions. I think Silver is a nice guy like I said, I don't think he needs to be worshipped as a "CJ god" however. If you think that you must really need some pointers. Under the monkey bars at cjc is what I say. The fat kid's gonna get mean.

~Mickey

ps. Maybe not under the Monkey Bars, I'm not a violent person and hopefully you aren't a blackbelt or anything.

Reply To This Message

Re: On second thought.......
Author: pirkwein 
Date:   06-01-02 16:45

Mdam, you should praise our Agent R.
Your joke was good, but his intervention makes it hilarious (maybe if you meet him you can fall on your knees and worship him ?)
Thanks guys you give me a great laugh!

Reply To This Message

Author: ian pugh 
Date:   06-01-02 19:10

i disagree, you may have been trying to be funny, mdamelio, but you failed pretty badly. and not just because you couldnt post with a second user name. this board isnt going to be just for "one of us", other people stop by and read posts casually, and an inside "joke" like this is not going to be so quickly understood. im here all the time, and i didnt see you post as a joke, if i had been the first to post after your "review" i'd have taken you to task for it.

so i think its unfair to attack agent for your mistakes. if anything, agent did what most any of the "one of us's" would have done if we had seen such a reprehensible post.

ian

Reply To This Message

Author: Steve C 
Date:   06-01-02 19:43

Seconded, the abuse Agent R gets here is just ridiculous. He sees what he (correctly) considers as an unjustified critique of a fellow CJer. He thus posts strong words to show how he feels.

End of Story

This whole 'inside joke' thing just stinks of clique. Bear in mind this forum is intended for a COMMUNITY.

Steve

Reply To This Message

Author: erim 
Date:   06-01-02 19:52

It's a great video again,thank you!
I especially liked where you "lost" the ball(the huge 4"er!amazing!)and bring it back.
Thank you very much for your efford.
Have fun!
erim

Reply To This Message

Author: erim 
Date:   06-01-02 19:53

It's a great video again,thank you!
I especially liked where you "lost" the ball(the huge 4"er!amazing!)and bring it back.
Thank you very much for your efford.
Have fun!
erim

Reply To This Message

Re: oh no! Not another video from Silver................
Date:   06-01-02 20:08

Steve, Ian. We'll see what happens with Agent R, I have a feeling he's running with the Joke also, but we'll see. But in my defense the post was very obviously not true, first off there is no "Scenery" it's in a tent, I deliberately did not watch the video so that there would be some glaring falacies in the review that everyone could pick up on. That's before I messed it all up of course. It wasn't meant to be a clique thing if it was I wouldn't have attempted to make it out to be completely untrue. I would have picked on what really happened or critiqued what he did. In truth, as I've stated, it is a great vid, silver has very fluid style and I wish he was coming to cjc, to lend a hand with everyone else. I didn't intend for people to get so upset, like I said it should have been obvious that it was a joke even without reading the other posts. Whoever Agent R is, his fault is not with criticising me at all, hell I would have done the same thing were the roles reversed. But it was already stated that it was a joke and he neglected to read further, that's where he made the mistake. I'm usually the nice guy I don't make people mad for the most part, of course we all make mistakes, so that was the other thing I was counting on, was people saying, wow, Mickey wouldn't write something like that in seriousness. But oh well I guess this blew up too, I'm just going to be quiet now and go have fun with the rest of my day.

~Mickey

Reply To This Message

Date:   06-01-02 20:44

weird

Reply To This Message

Author: ian pugh 
Date:   06-01-02 21:05

no problem, but remember, when you have to explain your joke, you have failed. obviously, you werent as obvious as you might have thought. the scenery was cool, the two rugs and the enviorment. his routine consisted heavily of armrolls which you spend time criticising. your attempt at sarcasm was vague and unclear and could very easily have applied to the video, even though you did not see it.

again, dont blame people for not getting your joke, the fault is your own.

Reply To This Message

Date:   06-01-02 21:12

I agree, you are right. Hopefully Silver will come back soon and take some of this heat :-) Jerk is out making money today hehe. But yeah I'm not good with jokes, not listening to silver anymore, that's for sure :P

~Mickey

Reply To This Message

Author: Steve C 
Date:   06-01-02 23:00

Just finished downloading the vid. Very, very impressive. Particularly liked the over-the-head walk and the vanish move.

Got any more delights from the vault waiting our attention???

Steve

Reply To This Message

sense of humour failure
Date:   06-02-02 00:26

umm speaking of sense of humours and feet in mouth and even occasional fuckups....

really appreciate the way you stick up for mickey, he must be a great guy, i think i'll steal him, he's MY bitch now!

read on...........................

Reply To This Message

WELL ACTUALLY..........
Date:   06-02-02 01:02

Mickeys joke was pretty funny, from where i'm standing

but not as hilarious as shiftys response to my post............

and ian i laughed my arse off at yours!

and yes we were using the forum for an "inside joke", shows new people we aren't braindead ball twiddlers, but we do(oh yes shifty, we do) have a sense of humour, and a fully functioning community with all that that entails, fun, games, bitching, upsets, the whole caboodle..........

oh and if you have to have the joke explained.......................

<center><b>SILVER</b><br> yep its me, posing as Agent R

P.S. All offence taken at any of our postings that is, silvers, agent r's or mickeys is of your own making.

P.P.S Doesn't it make a change from talking about the size of our balls.............

Reply To This Message

gosh
Date:   06-02-02 01:04

just to clear that up, silver is agent r

now can we get back to the vid?

Reply To This Message

Re: gosh
Date:   06-02-02 01:28

How much more praise do you need, the vid was fine, it was great even. The scenery was amazing *G*, and I really dig your pants. The motion that you use along with the cj is dope, I like how your whole body becomes an instrument. I'm working on that myself, I unfortunately when cjing with my arm, cj with my arm. You and lance and a few others also use your other arm and the rest of the body which is cool. I'll have to work on that for sure. So happy now, I praised your vid, I'll bow down to ya or some such nonsense :-) Alright I'm going to do something constructive with my day since it's about over now.

~Mickey
ps. I'm my own bitch, not yours not shifty's but mine *G* *G*.

Reply To This Message

Re: silver
Author: Twilight 
Date:   06-02-02 02:29

You didn't fool me.I had it figured out that agent R. was you from the start.(very tricky) See you in Sept. Micky.

Reply To This Message

Re: silver
Date:   06-02-02 02:30

Can't wait, at least somebody got the joke thanks for the charity :-)

~Mickey

Reply To This Message

Re: gosh
Date:   06-02-02 07:07

awww shucks mickey, you didn't have to do that................

*going faintly red with embarassed pride*

Reply To This Message

My compliments to Silver (aka -- a review)
Author: thegoldenchicken 
Date:   06-03-02 14:59

Silver,

I downloaded the vid, and wow, you rawk! First of all the setup: the monk type getup was nifty-o, and those tapestries in the background added a nice effect to. Funny how they had a cirular pattern. (-;
The CJ'ing was simply awsome. I like your style a lot, especially the way you used your hands and arms to make a relativly simple isolation look downright magical. You've definitly followed the "Make the difficult look good and make the easy look beautiful" commandment. The fluidity of the movements were really grand, I also liked those behind the back throws to maybe a short elbow stall, or straigt to a roll down the arm. You've got a heck of a lot of control, and you use it well. I'll have to remember to move around more as I practice.
You defintily use space very well, you glided from just out of range on both sides of the camera's view, making us viewers miss some cool stuff I'm sure, and that's just about my only complaint. But it's a compliment within a complaint, because I'm sure seeing such a performance live would just rock the house (or in this case, the tent.) (-; Hehe.
And the "wowzer" moves were rockin' right along with everything else! I liked the illusion where the ball seemed to go through you, the (Behind the neck!) roll (watch out Daniel Kerr, here comes Silver!) (-; and the over-head walk. Very very cool.
You've inspired me to practice more CJ, all I've been concentrating on latley is 6 and 7 b juggling. (Numbers toss juggling, I know, I'm a shame to the community!) (-;
Overall, this gets 10 outta 10 golden eggs. (that's like 5 stars, but times two.)

Thegoldenchicken,
-|Joe|-

Oh, and thanks for Mickey and Shifty for providing the laughs I so needed after a fairly crappy weekend! Heheheeeee.

Reply To This Message

Author: Bink 
Date:   06-04-02 15:58

I'm impressed.... I'm a new guy here, know mostly nothing about CJ'ing, but trying.... I can barely do a butterfly, and you just showed how magical a performance can be. My compliments, and I hope you're thinking of taking in a student or two, cuz I'd like to apply for the position... :-)

Reply To This Message

Author: ZocJones 
Date:   06-04-02 16:34

Sweet vid, Silver. Nice transfer and isolation work, I like it. btw, how many fingers are holding the ball at 2:25?

Zoc

Reply To This Message

Date:   06-04-02 19:51

index and middle, so 2, its a nice balance, if you want to see it done well its on one of my bjc vids(with 2 balls as well) done by drew

Reply To This Message

Forum List  |  Threaded View  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:

message board by phorum.org

Contact Juggling

dot org

sponsored by
Infinite Illusions
Want to spin 2? Practice 3..