New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 chat room
Author: Kae Verens 
Date:   05-23-02 17:39

sorry for any hiccups that last attempt made...

I'd like feedback on /chat2.html - it's the same page that was causing problems, but I think I've cracked the problem.

The difference between this room and the other ones is that this one uses JavaScript, and IFrames, to optimize the message retrieval and display.
It automatically detects if your browser supports JavaScript and IFrames, and if so, displays the room, without offering the options of the other ones.

Reasons it's better in my opinion:
- very optimized for downloads. it only loads messages that have not already been viewed.
- nice javascript filter, no flashes as the page redisplays
- allows for very fast refreshes, even on low bandwidth connections

The page works nicely in Mozilla (and Netscape 6.2) at 800x600 resolution, and works now in IE6. Opera has a bug which I will fix, and it will not be detected by Netscape 4.7 (but the alternatives will be shown).

Any changes needed?

Kae

Reply To This Message

Re: chat room
Author: Shifty 
Date:   05-23-02 18:31

I'm using IE 6 and its not working I keep getting the message of ..

Warning: Wrong parameter count for addslashes() in /home/www/kverens/contactjuggling.ipeng.net/chat.html on line 117

Whenever I type something,. and it just gives me a blank line of text..

Shifty

Why, yes, these are balls in my pocket. And I'm also happy to see you.

Reply To This Message

Author: pirkwein 
Date:   05-23-02 19:18

here too ...

my question again:

why don't you open a nice (m)IRC chat ?

Reply To This Message

Author: Lance Coombes 
Date:   05-24-02 18:35

I'm using IE5 and cannot see a list of users or the current time. Also, the line that reads "06:05:58: no new messages " is in a weird location on the page so it has scroll arrows and is not visible unless I use them. I can post and see posts, however, so the basic functionality is fine. Also, it is not as pretty as the old version was. I get black text in a white box in a white box, in a white box. The old version was just black text in a white box. Not really important, but I thought I'd point it out. If you need screenshots or anything, just let me know.

--
Imagine that there is some clever signature here.

Reply To This Message

Author: Kae Verens 
Date:   05-27-02 12:09

after a little bit of thinking and experimenting, the page is now resizeable, and prettier - should work in any modern browser.

Kae

Reply To This Message

Author: pirkwein 
Date:   05-27-02 19:33

yes but when it refreshes and a new quote has to appear the rest of the screen stays white with one line long the word "undefined"

Reply To This Message

Forum List  |  Threaded View  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
E-mail replies to this thread, to the address above.

message board by phorum.org

Contact Juggling

• el
  • pt
  • dot org

sponsored by
    Infinite Illusions
    your language.