New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 serious juggling
Author: joha 
Date:   05-23-02 06:27

hey guys, another ball question:
does anyone have any of the acrylics from serious juggling? the only ones ive got are the ultra clear (got them when they were the only choice) from II. i was wondering how the ones from serious compare? also, how are their black balls? i just wanted to get my lacrosse, acrylic, and stage balls all from one place in one shot. :]

Reply To This Message

Re: serious juggling
Author: remy 
Date:   05-23-02 07:29

I'm biased, but I LOVE serious juggling--all my acrylics, stage balls, toss balls, etc, and their black acryllics are beautiful.

rem

Reply To This Message

Author: Arron 
Date:   05-24-02 02:56

Cant speak to the acrylics or any of their contact juggling equipment BUT, I do like Serious Juggling for toss juggling equipment. The man , Ben Schoenberg, who runs the store is a very knowledgeable numbers juggler and his wife is also very helpful, she has a rythmic gymnastic backround. They are both wonderful people, very active in the IJA, and can help you a lot with juggling questions. I didn't know that they carried contact juggling equipment to be honest, but if they do, it is probably of pretty decent quality. They will treat you well, I guarantee it.

Reply To This Message

Author: Lance Coombes 
Date:   05-24-02 18:58

When I spoke with them about acrylic sources, I found that they get nearly all of their acrylics from EL, so you will get very good quality stuff. The only thing I have ever seen that was less than perfect was a 4 inch ball that they had aquired from a different vendor. It was still beautiful, but not as perfect as the rest of their stuff. I pointed the imperfections out to them, and they were not pleased. I doubt that they ordered any more acrylics from that company.

--
Imagine that there is some clever signature here.

Reply To This Message

Author: Floater 
Date:   05-24-02 22:05

I too got all my acrylics from serious juggling, and they're all of great quality. The owners are very nice, and give good deals, especially when you buy in larger numbers.

Reply To This Message

To the community
Author: Floater 
Date:   05-24-02 22:31

I just wanted to say how glad I am to see a forum for those who practice this art. It's been very benefical for my practice to see what so many of you are doing. So thank you to all those who run and contibute to this page. I hope to see it continue to grow in imagery and dialogue.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-24-02 22:32

I went ahead and ordered a bunch of stuff, 2 more 2.5", a black 2.5", stage ball, lacrosse balls, and some poi. He was very helpful indeed and I can't wait for my new toys to arrive! He said they would be here in just a few days :] Thanks for all your help guys.

Reply To This Message

Author: Brad 
Date:   05-25-02 01:06

Serious Juggling is cool. I wish they'd get Sphere Play though, saves me the trouble of ordering online if I can just pop in and buy it.

Reply To This Message

Author: Axl Rose 
Date:   05-27-02 01:49

I LOVE my black balls, they are the best. I am more protective of them than my clears. But, I think and so do a couple others, that they are lighter than a same sized clear. Am I right? Or am I just crazy?

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-27-02 05:32

I completely agree! I just got my first black one, and its definitely lighter than a clear acrylic, not a whole lot, but it can throw you off a bit at first ;]

Reply To This Message

Re:
Author: mdamelio 
Date:   05-27-02 06:17

I guess since they are made of different materials, and different materials have different properties, that could account for the weight difference..... How's the ball otherwise are they solid black, like you can't see through them, kinda like obsidian?? Or are they a really dark tinted clear acrylic?

~Mickey

Reply To This Message

Re:
Author: Axl Rose 
Date:   05-27-02 07:29

they are solid black, you can't see any light through them at all. They are just as beautiful, if not more so, as a clear one because the color is so pure. Note: if one scratches very badly it gets a little white, this can be covered witha permanent black marker so it is only visible if you know where to look. After a while the marker wears off, but the white won't come back. After dropping my blackballs a couple times they became performance only balls, they are too pretty to scuff up.

Reply To This Message

Forum List  |  Threaded View  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
E-mail replies to this thread, to the address above.

message board by phorum.org

Contact Juggling

• el
  • pt
  • dot org

sponsored by
    Infinite Illusions
    Warm up with a wave.