chat
clubs
maps
forum
FAQ
events
Valid XHTML 1.0
Valid CSS
Constantly be aware of your surroundings.
this site is sponsored by Infinite Illusions

General
 New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Contact Juggling in Portland, Or
Author: Brad 
Date:   01-29-02 06:38

I just got into CJ about a week ago, and I am finding a very strange coincidence in that it seems about 90% of the resources for CJ are right in my back yard, Portland, OR! For one, I live on 58th and Division...Serious Juggling, which seems to be one of the top 2-3 juggling stores in America, is on 50th and Division. It's a measely 8 blocks from my house, could it be any more convenient? I had mentioned CJ to my girlfriend awhile back and said that I was interested in learning more about it. She picked up on that clue and bought me an acrylic and Ernest's book, Contact Juggling. She was amazed that, after calling around Salem/Corvallis, and searching on the net, she found almost nothing on CJ and nobody even seemed to have ever heard of it, until she finally stumbled across Serious Juggling which was practically in my back yard...

Furthermore, I come to find out that the brand new video, Contact Juggling Part 1 is put together by 2 guys who just graduated from Reed College in Portland, and that the only other video on the market is by David Pennington, also originally from Portland.

So what's with all the links to Portland OR and contact juggling? Is it just fate, or what? It just seems too weird...

Also, if any of you are from Portland, I'd be interested in meeting up, seeing performances or learning some new tips. I am aware that there is an open gym juggling session every Wednesday and will try to make it to that before long, but I go to Western Oregon in Monmouth, so I'm rarely in Portland except on weekends. I'm sure eventually I'll find a way to get there, even on a Wednesday. Any CJers in or near Portland feel free to e-mail me, or just respond to this thread. Thanks.
 Reply To This Message  |  Flat View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 Contact Juggling in Portland, Or  new
Brad 01-29-02 06:38 
 Re: Contact Juggling in Portland, Or  new
remy 01-29-02 07:05 
Ryan 01-30-02 18:14 
remy 01-30-02 19:18 
Ryan 01-30-02 22:13 
Daniel Kerr 01-30-02 22:31 
remy 02-01-02 09:59 
KTesh 02-03-02 09:10 

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In 
 Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
E-mail replies to this thread, to the address above.

this site is ©2001 Kae Verens. extracts may not be used unless permission is granted. images & text are © their submitters.