New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 3 Balls
Author: Teo 
Date:   05-17-02 15:38

Hey everybody, (I just got my 3rd 3in ball recently, so I am new to 3b work) When practicing tricks like the 3b orbital isolation, the balls always hit together and make a loud popping sound. I am trying to avoid this, but it is hard for me since the balls usually are touching or close together because of the orbital illusion. Should I just try focus on more of a seperated orbital palmspin or what? Thanks for you help.

Reply To This Message

Re: 3 Balls
Author: Rob 
Date:   05-17-02 16:55

I much prefer the look and feel of this trick when the balls are kept apart, but it's just a matter of personal preference - it can look just as smooth when the balls stay in contact with each other. Keeping them apart eliminates any clacking noises but takes a little more practice to get completely smooth. Keeping them together is generally a bit easier but extra care has to be taken when the isolated ball passes from one hand to the other if you want to avoid any noise.

Rob

Reply To This Message

Re: 3 Balls
Author: Shifty 
Date:   05-17-02 17:22

Either or, doesnt matter. When I first learned this trick, Ferret told me that if the balls clack, and you can make them clack at regular intervals. You can make a "Tick-Tock" sounds of a clock, this can be used to add a little life to the trick. I would say learn the orbiatal both ways, with touching, and without. Then after you get them both smooth, decide which looks better to you, and then go with it. Have fun with your 3 ball work now, theres alot of things to practice at that level.

S

Why, yes, these are balls in my pocket. And I'm also happy to see you.

Reply To This Message

Forum List  |  Threaded View  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
E-mail replies to this thread, to the address above.

message board by phorum.org

Contact Juggling

• el
  • pt
  • dot org

sponsored by
    Infinite Illusions
    Use an old woollen sock to carry your acrylics in.