New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In  Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Spine / Back Rolls
Author: Ryan 
Date:   04-14-02 05:43

Hey everybody.

In a practice session today, I was experimenting with lying face down and placing a ball on my back, at the base of the spine where the back dips in. I found that by raising my knees slightly, and lifting my bum off the floor, I could start the ball carefully rolling up my spine. With a bit of practice, I found that there were several places along the spine that I could stop the ball, many of these places being controlled by the shoulderblades. By giving slight lifts, the ball could travel in a slow, controlled roll between these various points, from the base of the spine at the dip in the back up to the neck hold (a point of control whose usefulness I have seriously underestimated.) With more practice, I was later able to control the same points from a crouching position.

Is anyone else working on anything involving these control points? I previously thought that the neck hold to roll down the back and catch between the legs, common in so many jugglers routines, was a single roll with nothing inbetween. I know Viktor Kee is doing a lot in this area of contol, using the back to hold and roll chains of three or more balls. Has anyone else been exploring this. I'd like to try and avoid the classic roll and catch between the legs. Now it seems like rolling down the spine and back up is a definite possibility.

Reply To This Message  |  Forum List  |  Flat View  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 Spine / Back Rolls  new
Ryan 04-14-02 05:43 
 Re: Spine / Back Rolls  new
Kae Verens 04-15-02 10:36 
michael glenn 04-18-02 17:16 
InSpired 04-19-02 03:42 
Shifty 04-19-02 04:56 
Androo Wood 05-15-02 23:49 
ob1 04-20-02 12:31 
Ryan (Mellors) 04-20-02 17:10 
 front version  new
silver 04-20-02 20:05 
 Re: front version  new
Ryan 04-20-02 20:32 
 New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In 
 Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
E-mail replies to this thread, to the address above.

message board by phorum.org

Contact Juggling

• el
  • pt
  • dot org

sponsored by
    Infinite Illusions
    Go out and meet other contactjugglers at all costs..