chat
clubs
maps
forum
FAQ
events
Valid XHTML 1.0
Valid CSS
Never leave an acrylic unattended - it can focus the sun and cause a fire.
this site is sponsored by Infinite Illusions

General
 New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Belt Pouch
Author: zxenor 
Date:   04-03-02 06:04

Hey ferret,

I remember hearing you brag a long time ago about your homemade belt pouches for acrylics. Something about a pouch that could hold one, and another, seven? Well, I'm looking for some good pouches, and was wondering if you'd be interested in selling some.

Anyone else have any good ideas for beltpouches? I need something that I can wear comfortably, walk around with, etc. Maybe two. What clothing stores could I even ask for pouches like that?

Thanks,

-=)zxenor(=-
Reply To This Message

Re: Belt Pouch
Author: Ferret 
Date:   04-03-02 15:08

The belt pouches that I use do not hold 7, they hold a max of three, each pouch.

Remember I use three inch acrylics, only

Two of the ones I use are the ones I made, one holds 3 the other one holds 1.

Due to time constraints I don't make them myself any more. I buy them from VIP Leather.

AJ makes them in the same pattern that I do.
That is his business and he gets some pretty nifty designs and patterns, that he stamps onto the face of the pouches, as well as some cool latching mechanisms.

He makes them large enough to hold 4 2.75's
The last pouch I carry is one of AJ's

If I work a faire that AJ works as well, he will call them Ferret Pouches as a selling line to the potential customers.

I carry three pouches on my hips carrying a total of 7, three inch spheres, (that's where you got the 7 from) and as I said after working an 8 hour day at a renn faire the sorest part of my body is my hips. Not my arms, shoulders or legs. Seven spheres each weighing 9.5 ozs. start to get uncomfortable after a while just from the weight dragging on my belt.

VIP doesn't have a web site that I know of yet. AJ is a bit old fashioned, but here is his e-mail

timein@webtv.net

AJ and all of his stock will be at CJC2002

Hope this helps

Ferret
Reply To This Message

Author: mdamelio 
Date:   04-03-02 23:41

I made some pouches a while back that work well for me, I used some extra black fabric we had kicking around the house. They weren't hard to make at all. The pouch was just two pieces of cloth sewn together and then I took some other cloth and made some thick belt loops out of it. Now I just take the belt and thread it through the loop and there ya go, a pouch. They aren't leather though, and not near as durable as ferrets are but they work for my purposes. I like them because when there isn't a ball in them they lay flat against my side. No bulge.

~Mickey
Reply To This Message

Author: Tom B 
Date:   04-04-02 13:14

I know some guys that have used climbing chalk bags. They have a draw string, and are in some very different patterns. Soft on the inside, so scratch free. I dont think they will hold more than 3, but I guess that depends on the size.
Tom B
Reply To This Message

Author: mdamelio 
Date:   04-04-02 19:48

wow that's a really great idea. I should check into that Tom do you know where I'd be able to look further into that and also if they would be able to handle a 4". Thanks a bunch

~Mickey
Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
E-mail replies to this thread, to the address above.

this site is ©2001 Kae Verens. extracts may not be used unless permission is granted. images & text are © their submitters.