chat
clubs
maps
forum
FAQ
events
Valid XHTML 1.0
Valid CSS
Never leave an acrylic unattended - it can focus the sun and cause a fire.
this site is sponsored by Infinite Illusions

General
 New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Somethin that made me say..Holy SHIT!
Author: Shifty 
Date:   03-28-02 04:41

You guys gotta go download the Levis commercial for Flyweight jeans.. The video itself is called crazy legs.

1. Go to www.levis.com
2. Click on "Cool Stuff"
3. Click on "Commercials"
4. Click "View Commercial"

Shifty

Why, yes, these are balls in my pocket. And I'm also happy to see you.
Reply To This Message

Re: Somethin that made me say..Holy SHIT!
Author: ICU812 
Date:   03-28-02 05:34

Seen it, it came out during the superbowl. The performer they found is some hispanic type that does that just about everywhere he goes. He said in an interview that he practices b-boy moves anytime he's on his feet. That sort of thing became really popular after the breakers had their moment in the limelight in the early 80's (it's called Popping and Locking, and I think B-boying is slightly different). It should also be noted that the Levi's people super-imposed the top part of his "relaxed" torso with his legs. It isn't possible to keep your body that straight and pull off moves like that. But yeah, that's a pretty sweet commercial, I nearly went out and bought a pair of jeans come to think of it.

Jacques

p.s. let's see someone incorporate some CJ'ing into a routine like that.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
-Aristotle
Reply To This Message

Re:
Author: Daniel Kerr 
Date:   03-28-02 05:59

It's a shame they put in computer graphics. Body popping/break dancing whatever it's called, is awesome. Can you imagine doing that AND contact juggling. If I saw someone doing it I think my head would pop!

BYE BYE
Reply To This Message

Re:
Author: Ryan 
Date:   03-28-02 06:26

I always thought liquid would be the next logical extention to cj'ing.
Reply To This Message

Re:
Author: ICU812 
Date:   03-28-02 12:37

I thought the same thing. I used to be part of the whole rave scene for like 3 or 4 years. I used to go out dancing like 2 or three times a week and picked up Liquid and Phreestylin. I haven't found a way to fuse Liquid and CJing though. It seems pretty self evident that you could when you go through the motions, but it's harder than it sounds.

Jacques

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
-Aristotle
Reply To This Message

Re:
Author: Lance Coombes 
Date:   03-28-02 20:25

Chico has been working on this for some time. He is very interrested in liquid. I'll see if I can get him to post to this thread.

--
Imagine that there is some clever signature here.
Reply To This Message

Dancing
Author: Chico 
Date:   03-28-02 21:03

Lol, funny that this commercial got brought up, I got accused of being that same fellow last week at a party in florida :P I followed Shifty's directions to go watch it, unfortunately the movies was about 2.5" x 2.5" so I cant comment on whether they did any image manipulation, but I assure you that keeping your upper body stationary while doing that is plenty possible. What he's doing are glides, slides, and a bit of strutting. I'm not claiming to be more proficient, but he's really not that good at it, although who knows what Levi cut out that he gave them. As far as melding dance and Cj, there seems to be a surprising undershowing of any sort of hybrid so far. BinaryPulse probably has taken a mix between liquid and Cj the furthest, although it's hard to get her to tape stuff. Btw I'd love to take this chance to set something straight... Michael Jackson does the _back slide_ not the moonwalk :) Actually I've seen him do the moonwalk too but that's not his trademark. If anyone is interested at being directed torward learning resources about urban dance(popping, locking, bugaloo, breaking, tutting, liquid etc), send me an e-mail at QuatchBoggle@hotmail.com Lance was slightly misleading by the way, while I have been dancing quite a bit longer than Cj'ing, I have generally kept them as two distinct skills.

Chico The Showoff
Reply To This Message

Re: Dancing
Author: Lance Coombes 
Date:   03-28-02 21:24

Oops. My bad. I thought you had been working on combining them as well, but that you had not been happy with the results so far. Thanks for the info! ^_^

--
Imagine that there is some clever signature here.
Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Your Name:
 Your E-mail:
 Subject:
E-mail replies to this thread, to the address above.

this site is ©2001 Kae Verens. extracts may not be used unless permission is granted. images & text are © their submitters.